Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Stuffed Turkey Breast With "Good" Grains.

  Life is busy for many of us. I know that it can be a lot easier to stop off at the fast food place, or order in. Believe me, been there done that. But here is a quick and easy healthy dinner for you and your family.



Before I begin, I will say that using a Turkey breast is not the most optimal choice in meat when you want to create a rolled, stuffed dish for dinner.. Chicken breast is a better choice. But for this I was going for fast.


My grocery store carries many organic and yummy items. Seed of Change have great side dishes that you can microwave in a matter of seconds for a healthy side dish.


Ingredients:

3 to 4 lb boneless, skinless Turkey Breast.
1 package of Seeds of Change Quinoa & Brown Rice with Garlic, I love me some Garlic, so I added a bit of fresh to it.
3 to 4 slices of Canadian Bacon, to add a bit of flavor, and to "entice" my kids. Haha!
1/4 cup of low-fat cream cheese
2 Tablespoons of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 tsp. Oregano, Basil, Rosemary

                                                                        

Roll it as best as you can, secure with toothpicks.
 What I did was put the Turkey breast between two sheets of parchment paper and used my rolling pin to pound the breast as flat as I could. (I could not find my meat tenderizer hammer thingy.)

-Cook your package of grains as directed.

In a bowl, I mix the cream cheese, and spices. Once mixed,  lightly spread it onto the turkey breast. Place the slices of Canadian Bacon on top of the mixture. Then you add your cooked grains
                                                                                                             
Taking the long side of the breast, roll it or as I had to do fold it. Secure with toothpicks. Lightly bast the breast with the olive oil, and roll it up in foil. Place the breast in a baking dish. Because I wrapped it in foil, I did not have a messy baking dish to clean either! Bake for about 25 minutes or until meat is cooked.

Slice and serve with your favorite vegetable. We served it with fresh blanched green beans, and a fruit salad made from mixed berries.

                                                        Easy! Healthy! Yummy!



No comments:

Post a Comment